Office of Faculty Affairs
The Weill Cornell Medicine Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) safeguards our standards for the appointment and promotion of faculty. Our faculty members are held to the highest standards to ensure excellence in research, teaching and patient care, and advance the art of medicine through scientific and clinical scholarship.
- oversees and facilitates implementation of all policies and procedures for academic appointment, reappointment, promotion, tenure and separation of all faculty members
- ensures adherence to all academic policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to appointment and employment
- serves as a resource for information related to academic career development, supporting faculty members from initial appointment to promotion to retirement
- supports Weill Cornell Medical College administrators, committees and boards, as the official source of faculty data
Office of Faculty Development
The Weill Cornell Medicine (WCM) Office of Faculty Development (OFD) is dedicated to building and sustaining faculty vitality through the recruitment, retention and advancement of a diverse and successful faculty community. Through advocacy, programs and events, OFD supports each of our valued faculty members in their skills development and growth.
- Produces and sponsors faculty development offerings designed to enhance academic skills and optimize career success
- Collaborates with divisions and departments on faculty initiatives that promote well-being, effective mentorship, academic promotions and leadership
- Supports faculty success in all areas of endeavor including clinical, educational and investigational excellence